Certificate of English – Advanced
The Certificate of English (Advanced) programme is a preparatory course for international students to acquire advanced proficiency in the English language to further pursue educational or career opportunities in Singapore. Those students who have an interest in English and love English literature can opt for this course.
This programme enables students with intermediate knowledge of the language to develop higher competencies and greater confidence in speaking, listening, reading, writing and pronunciation of the English language.
Students will acquire advanced grammar and vocabulary usage through topics such as advanced communication, cultural activities, motivations and teamwork.
Sentence Structure, Questions and Answers, Cohesion in Texts, Personal Recounts, Narratives, Explanations
- Taking minutes
- Hosting a zoom or skype meeting/ google meet
- Arranging an online meeting to discuss a project plan
- Plan, lead, organise and control a short meeting
- Introduction and ending
- Role play scenarios
- Advanced grammar vocabulary development
- Describe a part of your local, indigenous culture to others from different background (language/ art/ music/ dress/ traditions/ beliefs)
- Discuss and give short presentation on a major historical event and its impact on your country
- Culture and diversity
- Heritage resources
- Cultural norms in a country
- Define motivation and examples
- How have you been motivated?
- Strategies for motivation
- Stay motivated and help others to do it (particular environment)
- Types of motivation (based on rewards and reinforces)
- Famous theories on motivation
- How do you motivate yourself to succeed in your studies/ work?
- Various factors that motivate people
- Students to plan, implement and reflect on what they have learnt throughout
- Incorporating teamwork concept (delegating, sharing, ideas, working together in groups)
- Students to communicate effectively with each other to achieve participation in a surprise competition
- Consist of many different topics that were covered
- Challenges the students to work in small groups
- Uses various ‘tenses’ – assess where they are at present where they want to get to and how they will do it in a given time limit.
- Exciting but challenging end to the Advanced English course.
*All fees quoted above are inclusive of GST.
*GST will be 8% from 1st January 2023 and subsequently 8% to 9% from 1st January 2024. The applicable total amount payable will be charged accordingly.
*Application fee is non-refundable.
*Non tuition fee include Course Material, Examination Fee, Administration Fee, FPS Insurances Fee, and Medical Insurances.
Age Requirements: At least 16 years old.
Academic Requirements: Completed high school year 10 or Certificate of English Intermediate).
Language Proficiency: Applicant is to sit for Educare Global Academy English Placement Test for assessment of current English proficiency before successful application.
Mode of Delivery
Mode of Delivery: Face-to-face lessons.
Assessment Method: Written examination.
Duration: The programme consists of 4 modules, with a total of 200 learning hours and may be completed in 8 weeks. Lessons will commence 5 days a week for a maximum of 5 hours per day.
Lecturer – Student Ratio: 1:30
How to Apply?
We will assess your eligibility and issue a conditional letter of offer
Attend pre-course counselling, receive a standard student contract and advisory note. Make payment for the programme